Sunday, March 20, 2011

Final Touchdown Of Space Shuttle Discovery...

Space Shuttle Discovery (Orbiter Vehicle Designation: OV-103) was one of the orbiters in the Space Shuttle fleet of NASA, the space agency of the United States, operating from its maiden flight beginning on August 30, 1984 until its final landing on March 9, 2011 with a cumulative total of one full year (365 days) in space; the longest of any spaceship in the world.

I had the huge privilege of watching the final touchdown live over the Internet via CNN. For me it was a sentimental moment. Being an astronomy enthusiast, I know what it means to astronomers to say goodbye to a piece of engineering with a heart and a soul.

Here I am sharing some images I took from the live broadcast of the Final Moments of Space Shuttle Discovery.


P.S: We’ll soon see this magnificent giant as an Autobot on Transformers: Dark Of The Moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment