Monday, July 2, 2012

A little talk with SLT...



Here is a rough English translation of the conversation I had with SLT ADSL Customer Care regarding the recent Island wide issues with the connection.

Me: Hello, I called regarding a connection issue I’m having with ADSL. I called yesterday too.

SLT: What can I do for you?

Me: It’s regarding an issue I’m having with ADSL.

SLT: I can hear some noises maybe your phone line is faulty.

Me: [Fixing the spiral telephone cable which came loose by me] Sorry about that, my telephone cable came loose, There we go... I fixed it, now can you hear me?

SLT: Yes.

Me: Good. I can’t access most of the usual sites I visit, especially Facebook. Some sites take a lot of time to load while others don’t load at all. I saw that the issue is island-wide. Saw tons of posts at Elakiri and users have tweeted on your SLT Twitter account.

SLT: What is that? I don’t know. About ADSL, are you using the old package?

Me: Yes, why?

SLT: You have used more than the limit.

Me: For the record, mine is unlimited and even if you do have a FUP.. I haven’t exceeded 25GBs.

SLT: It’s 20GB.

Me: Whatever it may be, I barely use 10 or 15GBs a month. I’m not a heavy user. So, what about the issue?

SLT: To fix that you need to switch to a new package.

Me: What? You can’t force people to change packages like that… it’s illegal.

SLT: Hold on. [Goes away. Can hear another lady talking “Just tell him that he exceeded his limit”. Coming back]. You have exceeded 20GBs.

Me: Look, please take a look at your own Twitter feed. This isn’t just my problem. Whoever maintains your official Twitter account acknowledges the issue. Many complains.

SLT: They have exceeded as well.

Me: Listen, trust me I barely exceed 10 GBs, let alone 20 or even 15.

SLT: [Asks for my home and Mobile number. Gives me a number and told me thank you for calling.]

I report, you decide…

4 comments:

  1. get ur usage via slt usage meter machan :D and they cant tell that is false cuz they are responsible for their meter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having the same issue. I also talk to this buggers 1212. more than 3 times i call. But no call back or nothing. Then final time when i call, they said just go to ur nearest SLT Branch. Then i went n talk, they said the same thing. Really what can we do for this ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you can report this to TRC. with the conversation time and date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SLT is the worst net provider ever .....

    ReplyDelete